* Install as normal. Note however that all of the Globus WS stuff depends up on a postgres DB being properly configured. See the instructions
under RFT manual at http://www.globus.org/toolkit/docs/4.0/admin/docbook/ch10.html. If you don't get this running, then your globus
remote command executions will work but they will not clean up properly and so will never exit.
* TO RESTART POSTGRES SERVER: this is needed to do anything with the ws-gram container. The steps are these:
1. Login to gf1 as the user "postgres".
2. Use the installation in the directory /usr/local/pgsql. There is another installation at /var/lib that should be ignored.
3. Set this environment variable: export PGDATA=/usr/local/pgsql/data.
4. Run the command "/usr/bin/pg_ctl start -o -i" as the postgres user. If everything is OK, you will get something like this:
bash-2.05b$ pg_ctl start -o -i
pg_ctl: Another postmaster may be running. Trying to start postmaster anyway.
LOG: database system was interrupted at 2005-06-08 18:13:55 EST
LOG: checkpoint record is at 0/873128
LOG: redo record is at 0/873128; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown FALSE
LOG: next transaction id: 1543; next oid: 25213
LOG: database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in progress
LOG: ReadRecord: record with zero length at 0/873168
LOG: redo is not required
postmaster successfully started
bash-2.05b$ LOG: database system is ready
5. Test to make sure the rftDatabase is running correctly. Use the command "psql rftDatabase". You should see
bash-2.05b$ psql rftDatabase
Welcome to psql 7.3.4-RH, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.
Type: \copyright for distribution terms
\h for help with SQL commands
\? for help on internal slash commands
\g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
\q to quit
6. The GF1 database is configured to work with the user "manacar" so su manacar. Set up your globus environment as necessary:
"export GLOBUS_LOCATION=/home/globus/nmi-all-7.0-red9/" and then "source $GLOBUS_LOCATION/etc/globus-user-env.sh".
7. Start the container as user manacar: "globus-start-container".
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment